Like Facebook Page
Vote HereLoading ...
eWebBuddy SMS Updates
Online shopping has taken gigantic leaps in India over the last couple of years. People are becoming more open and confident in using their credit cards online. Ofcourse, there is still a major chunk of the population who are still hesitant and ignorant about this phenomenon but that will also change slowly. One of the best ways to notice this phenomenon is the number of online bookings happening for railway and flight tickets everyday.
Now before I go a little more off-topic, this post is about the booming online deals site business. A model that was noticeably started by the industry leader – Groupon.com.
For the benefit of those who are unaware, online deals websites are sites where you can buy deals for various services and products like self-grooming, slimming, gyms, restaurants, spas, softwares, mobiles phones, etc. Most of the companies listed on these site use such services to attract new footfalls and get noticed.
1. Snapdeal.com – Snapdeal can touted to be the Big Daddy of all deal sites in India.They realized the opportunity early during recession and launched at the right time. Along with being one of the first websites in the business catering to Indian population, it serves a vast number of cities and offers deals in various categories ranging from restaurants to electronic goods. If you followed the recent season 8 of MTV Roadies, you must have come across the TV adverts and promotions of this site.
2. DealsAndYou.com – Earlier known as Wanamo, this is also one of the early start-ups in the business. They were taken over and now own a prominent share of the market pie. The deals here are similar to the ones at SnapDeal. One can save anywhere from 40 to 90% of the price.
3. SoSasta.com – This is the Indian wing of industry leader, Groupon.com. Groupon took quite some time to launch in India and sadly they could not attract the market much. Also, among the various deal sites I have used, I found SoSasta to be the worst. But still you can keep a tab on this site and maybe will land up something really great. Do check which city the deal you are buying is valid in before purchasing. There user interface can confuse you and land you up on to a wrong deal.
4. MyDala.com – Again one of the early entries of the industry but sadly could not attract as much market as its competitors. Though I like the site has a nice user-interface and they keep on improving a lot of aspects. They have a nice mix of offers, though not many – one can make good use of their DalaMoney. It is a virtual currency that one earns based on the number of friends they invite which can then be used to buy deals.
5. Koovs.com – This is a great site with hordes of offers and deals. Since most of the deals on this site are applicable pan-India, you end up with many more options in categories ranging from the usual restaurant, gym services to products like cameras, computer peripherals, mobile phones, t-shirts, etc. This site supports a lot of 2-tier cities as well.
6. TimesDeal.com – A part of the Times network, this site is among the most disappointing ones at this point. They have very active deals and that too not very interesting ones. Though one can look forward to this site as its a relatively new entry and the site can grow in no-time.
Exhausted with the list? Think the deals you came across at the sites above are all similar? Well check the next one.
7. Taggle.com – This site is more about product deals than services. Its design is kinda fresh and one comes across a very different range of products here. Some obviously fall into the same categories as all other sites but the variety is interesting. Though I am yet to try this shop, so if you have do share your experience.
8. DealTadka.com – Well, this deals site is currently more prominent of Facebook and do have a proper website yet. So if you are someone hooked of Facebook (who isn’t even after Google Plus), you can like their page. I liked the name of the site, pretty Indian.
Humpf…thats all for this list and hope all of you find great offers and deals. If you do not want to subscribe to all the services and clutter your mailbox daily. A good idea would be to check out www.KhojGuru.com which will help you checkout most of the deals across various sites. So it is a deals and offers Search Engine.
If you like online regularly and would like to save more, click here to find out how you can save with Discount Coupon Codes.
Page optimized by WP Minify WordPress Plugin