How to Register for your Aadhaar (UID) Card in Bangalore, India

Aadhaar or UID has been a key development in India and everyone has been following it keenly. After about more than an year of planing and development headed by Nandan Nilekani, the Aadhaar UID Registration Process is now ready to kick-off. Though the registration has already started in some post offices, it is being planned to add more centers for the registration in Bangalore from 15th August’2011. Though people have been queuing for appointments at local post offices and centers, the government is also planning to open additional 100 centers including about 20 BangaloreOne centers. It is also planned to have a mobility van towards the final stages to help citizens with the registration. Following are details that will help you complete the registration process for Aadhaar.

Aadhaar Logo

6. NREGS Job Card
7. Arms License
8. Photo Bank ATM / Credit Card
9. Pensioner Card
10. Freedom Fighter Card
11. Kissan Photo Passbook
12. Address Card having the name and photo issues by department of post.

Aadhaar UID Card

Aadhaar UID Card

Proof of Address[any one of the below]:
1. Passport
2. Bank Statement
3. Passbook
4. Post Office
5. Ration Card
6. Voter ID / Drivers License
7. Water / Electricity / Telephone land line / Property Tax Rcpt
8. Credit Card Statement not older than 3 months
9. NREGS Job Card
10. Arms License
11. Photo Bank ATM / Credit Card
12. Pensioner Card
13. Freedom Fighter Card
14. Kissan Photo Passbook
15. Address Card having the name and photo issues by department of post.

Proof of Date of Birth [any one of the below]:
1. Passport
2. SSLC Certificate
3. DOB certificate

Where and How to register in Bangalore?

Though the government is planning to open a lot more centers, following are a few you can walk into and get the process done.

1.You can register at the following post offices – GPO, RT Nagar, Rajajinagar, Vijayanagar, Mahalakshmipuram, Basavanagudi HPO, Jayanagar HPO, Wilson Garden.
2. Simply walk-in with the documents above.
3. They will complete

• document verification
  • biometric scanning of iris
  • biometric scanning of 10 finger prints
  • Capture your picture

4. You will get your UID in 30 days.

Click here for a complete list of centers in Bangalore and timings.

UID Help Line Number and Email

a. 1 800 180 1947
b. [email protected]

So get registered as early as you can and be among the first Indians to have registered for Aadhaar.

Written by Piyush Agarwal

Piyush Agarwal is a part-time freelance webdesigner who loves to play with design and the web around. You can check out his designs on Technix Designs. He is also into Theatre and Photography.

73 Responses to How to Register for your Aadhaar (UID) Card in Bangalore, India

1. santa ramm says:

See this link , it provide important information about UID Card

2. PANDYA GIRISH N says:

when would start uid card proccess in ahmedabad at gujarat state ?

3. sheela says:

i wanted to know that, am residing at Banashankari. so i there any restriction that we have get registered for Aadhar only in that area only or can get any other area also. Please do send the details

• Piyush Agarwal says:

As per my knowledge, there is no Aadhaar centre for Banashankari. The closest would be in JP Nagar. Anyway, do not think the area matters at all.

4. S D MALA says:

Please can u tel where we can apply aadhar card in malleshwaram or any other area near to malleshwaram please forward this msg

5. SHREYA BHAT says:

Iam 17 year old. for adaar card, I don’t have any of the documents mentioned in adaar card requisition. Name proof and address proof.

I have SSLC marks card, and birth certificate.

Is it enough to apply for Adaar Card?

• Piyush Agarwal says:

A passport is your best bet and it satisfies all the document needs for Aadhaar. Would suggest you to get a Passport done first. Will take not more than a month-an-half.

6. satish sinha says:

please guide my native place is patna bihar and i’m posted in bangalore can i make my uid in bangalore, if yes then guide the detail process how to make

• Piyush Agarwal says:

Hey satish, yes you can go ahead and register for UID in Bangalore. You will need an address proof for your permanent residence that is Bihar. Best option would be use your Passport as the identification proof. You simply need to fill p a form and join the queue. :)

7. Sivakumar says:

Hi ,

I am living bangalore, near marathahalli. can you please let me know nearest centre for AUID registration.

8. Hari says:

hi, is it possible to register in online, if so pl share the link,
    if not kindly send for my mail id address of aadhaar card centers in bangalore karnataka.
    thanks

9. mohd saleem says:

dose xerox copy of ID works??

10. Muralidhar says:

Hi,

I moved to Kengeri recently and I am yet to change my address on PAN, Passport, DL, etc. Is there any way that I can get UID without these as adress proof?

Thanks,
    Murali

11. Mallikarjun says:

dear sir/madam

Please tel me how can i apply for aadhar card through Online

• Piyush Agarwal says:

Nopes, you can get an appointment online if you are in Chandigarh or NCR but you cannot apply online.

12. SAVITHA SANTOSH says:

I’m residing in Kaggadasapura, C.V. Raman Nagar – Bangalore. Which is the nearest place to get register for Aadhar.

13. ashok patil says:

Pl, send aadhar card centers in belgaum city and agents contact number

14. Deepak Naidu A D says:

I’m residing in Uttarahalli– Bangalore. Which is the nearest place to get register for Aadhar.

15. BHEEMARAJ says:

I AM STAYING IN BANGALORE CAN I APPLY FOR ADHAR CARD ON ONLINE?

16. madan says:

plz edit my aadhar

17. RAMAN says:

I’m residing in sec- 31 noida, uttar pradesh. Which is the nearest place to get register for Aadhar card. please suggest me as sood as possible.

18. aquib anwar says:

I’m residing in okhla,delhi.Which is the nearest place to get register for Adhar card,please suggest me soon,with detail info as the correspondance address with the contact detail.
    Thanks

19. chandrashekar says:

please can u tell where we can apply aadhar card in gulbaga.or any othere area near to gulbarga please forward thise msg.

20. I want to make online Appointment for Addhaar Card, But South Mumbai Centre’s are not available ( Mumbai Pin Code 400001-400010),

Please find the easiest solution still i m unavailable to do due to mess of Rush.

21. virbalaji says:

Hi, I am staying in Marathalli(Bangalore)since 2 yrs and have house agreement paper and LPG connection document for current address.But I have passport, voterID, and Ration card which has Hyderabad address.Is it sufficient documents to apply the Aadhaar card in bangalore? Am i eligible for the same? Or Do I need to apply in hyderabad only?
    Can u please guide me.

Thanks in advance… :(

22. Sujata says:

How to register for an Aadhaar UID card?

I am stay in Electronic city in Bangalore
    ‘Please give me Address Near rest.

23. N.K.Pushpakaran says:

I am residing at Kristal Citrine Apartment, Hoodi Kodigehalli Road, Mahadevapura CMC, Bengaluru PIN 560048. Can you kindly give the nearest Aadhar registration Centre/s which is/are still functional?

Thanks.

24. Dakudevi.G.choudhary says:

My adhar kard is not active that is rejected abhi kya karna age mère ko naya Banavie vapas ki dussra kuchh option

25. sunil didwania says:

i need appointment online

26. sunil didwania says:

adhar card

27. Suraj subba says:

Hi,
    I am staying in Bellendur. Which is the nearest center for me to register for adhar card..!
    plz let me know thanks.

28. pawan kumar says:

Sir, please inform me when aadhar card will be made in our area ( e-2 /248 nand nagri delhi -110093) ph-[Number Deleted]

29. Jigar says:

Hi Piyush,

Thanks for sharing this information. However, I have visited Bangalore South Center N Number of times but the issue is they accept only first 50 application from the morning 9:30 and there is big queue since early morning.

Do you know if any other center for Bangalore South is available where I can go and submit my Aadhar Application? I am based out J P Nagar and from few sites, I see BBPM Office and BangaloreOne Centers are accepting but I am purely unsure. Could you please guide further about that?

Thanks and regards,
    Jigar Mehta

• As per the latest list, I do not think there are any other centers. BBMP office and BangaloreOne centers were used for registration initially but do not think they are operational any longer. In case you find otherwise please update here to help others. Thank you.

30. jitendra kumar says:

bihar ka hun delhi me job krta hu pm house me mujhe adhar car banwana hai

31. sunil tirpathi says:

pen card

32. Mimi says:

Hi Piyush,

First of all thanks a lot for all these important information and thank you so much for replying to everyone’s questions so patiently for past 2 years.

I also need a help.Does anyone here know any places in Electronic City Phase-1(Bangalore)for Aadhar Enrollment.

I personally feel,since government is making Aadhar such a high priority they should provide more Aadhar Centers and also update people on the same.It’s very difficult to find any latest information online.Also not every Indian citizen has access to Internet and Computer.

Atleast all the major GPOs should be permanent centers.

• Hello Mimi,

Glad you found this information helpful. I agree that more permanent centers are required and they should increase the number of centers than actually decreasing. Bangalore being one of the first cities where Aadhaar enrollment started had a lot of centers but was reduced due to lower footfalls as days progressed. i am not sure if there is a center in Electronic City but I have added another post on this blog with the latest list of centers. Please check that to located the closest active center.

• gambhir chauhan says:

Hi ,

I am living new delhi, near palam airport . can you please let me know nearest centre for AUID registration.

33. Reena suryawanshi says:

Plz tell me the procedure for change in name in adhar card

34. Manoj Kumar Pant says:

When would start aadhar card process near vivek vihar or anand vihar, Surya nagar (Ghaziabad) please provide complete detail .

Thanks & Regards,

Manoj Pant

35. Gopal Sharma says:

Hi My name is Gopal and I am living in Bangalore since 3 years now,,

I want to apply for an aadhar card, And I have following proofs.

Pan card
    Bank Passbook from Delhi, OBC bank
    and HDFC bank from Bangalore
    that’s all I have are there fine to apply for an aadhar card please let me know so :) ??

36. PINKY says:

i m nw 17 yrs old i dont hav any of the above required proofs….as i m still a minor what am i supposed to do?

• Minors can get an aadhaar card as well. This should help:

The document requirements for kids are similar to that of adults. Most kids will have Date of Birth certificate. If the kids have their own Passport, it will serve as Proof of Identity, Proof of Address as well as Proof of Date of Birth. However, many kids will not have their own Proof of Identity and/or Proof of Address documents.

In that case, one of the parents / guardian can introduce the child for AADHAAR Card. Introducing parent / guardian’s documents will be required along with Proof of Relationship document. Also parent / guardian’s EID / AADHAAR number is required. Incase the parent / guardian is also applying together with the child, the operator will first register the parent / guardian for AADHAAR Card. Then the generated AADHAAR Card enrollment number will be used in the enrollment of AADHAAR Card for child.

37. kushal says:

how I give permission for make aadhar car
    d in our city(sirsa).haryana .tell me how I open aadhar center in my city

38. Sanjib das says:

Hi Piyush,
    My mother is staying with me at Dwarka, New Delhi. She doesn’t have a address proof of Delhi.but she has a address proof of my hometown at Bhubaneswar.so can She apply with hometown address proof at Delhi and get it delivered to Delhi address.

• She can apply in Delhi with here Bhubaneswar address but I believe the card will get delivered to her Bhubaneswar address. I believe you alter this to a Delhi address only by updating the address in the proof. Not sure if attaching an affidavit helps.

39. Ranju Singh says:

Hi,
    I have a query,i want to enroll my mother for aadhar card but she dont have a valid addressproof.whatever the address in voter id we are not staying there.so is it possible to give my addressproof to issue aadhar card.
    Thanks

• There are a lot of options for address proof. Would recommend to provide one of these in your mother’s name or get one of the following created:

As address proof, applicants may submit passport, bank passbook, EPIC cards, ration cards with photo, driving licence, life insurance policies, power bills, water bills, landline telephone bill, property tax receipts, credit card bills, letters issued from bank managers on their letterhead, signed letters from registered companies or recognised education institutions, MNREGA job card, Kisan pass book, freedom fighter identity card, CGHS/ ECHS identity cards, letters signed by MPs, MLAs, or A-grade gazetted officials on their letterheads, address proof issued by the gram panchayat president, vehicle registration certificate, or caste or domicile certificates issued by the Government.

40. […] been four years since I first shared the registration process for Aadhaar card. In these four years I have received 1000+ comments across multiple Aadhaar card posts asking […]