How to Register for your Aadhaar (UID) Card in Bangalore, India
Aadhaar or UID has been a key development in India and everyone has been following it keenly. After about more than an year of planing and development headed by Nandan Nilekani, the Aadhaar UID Registration Process is now ready to kick-off. Though the registration has already started in some post offices, it is being planned to add more centers for the registration in Bangalore from 15th August’2011. Though people have been queuing for appointments at local post offices and centers, the government is also planning to open additional 100 centers including about 20 BangaloreOne centers. It is also planned to have a mobility van towards the final stages to help citizens with the registration. Following are details that will help you complete the registration process for Aadhaar.
Documents required for Aadhaar UID registration
Proof of Name / Photo Identity [any one of the below]:
2. PAN card
3. Ration / PDS Card
4. Voter ID
5. Govt Photo ID
6. NREGS Job Card
7. Arms License
8. Photo Bank ATM / Credit Card
9. Pensioner Card
10. Freedom Fighter Card
11. Kissan Photo Passbook
12. Address Card having the name and photo issues by department of post.
Proof of Address[any one of the below]:
2. Bank Statement
4. Post Office
5. Ration Card
6. Voter ID / Drivers License
7. Water / Electricity / Telephone land line / Property Tax Rcpt
8. Credit Card Statement not older than 3 months
9. NREGS Job Card
10. Arms License
11. Photo Bank ATM / Credit Card
12. Pensioner Card
13. Freedom Fighter Card
14. Kissan Photo Passbook
15. Address Card having the name and photo issues by department of post.
Proof of Date of Birth [any one of the below]:
2. SSLC Certificate
3. DOB certificate
Where and How to register in Bangalore?
Though the government is planning to open a lot more centers, following are a few you can walk into and get the process done.
1.You can register at the following post offices – GPO, RT Nagar, Rajajinagar, Vijayanagar, Mahalakshmipuram, Basavanagudi HPO, Jayanagar HPO, Wilson Garden.
2. Simply walk-in with the documents above.
3. They will complete
- document verification
- biometric scanning of iris
- biometric scanning of 10 finger prints
- Capture your picture
4. You will get your UID in 30 days.
UID Help Line Number and Email
a. 1 800 180 1947
So get registered as early as you can and be among the first Indians to have registered for Aadhaar.
You might also like