Aero Show 2017, Bangalore – Dates, Registration, Ticket Cost, Timing and Rules

Aero Show is back for another spectacular event in Bangalore. Aero Show in Bangalore is a bi-annual affair which is quite a big event and has a lot of fan fare. Who wouldn’t like to experience the latest Fire Power and Aircraft that Indian Defense possesses! Above all its a bonus that you can see them in action performing hair-raising stunts for the crowd. The tickets get sold out pretty fast for this event. So if you have not registered yet, here is how you can register.

During the last Aero show in 2015, the ticket purchasing process was quite complex and unclear. However, things have improved this year for good. The team has finally embraced online payments adding another feather to the Digital India movement and now you can register and buy tickets online. I have listed the steps of the same below.

aero-india-2017

Also listed down the guidelines and registration details.

If you are flying from another city or need to book airtickets due to any reason, click here to uncover a way to save Money.

When and Where is Aero India 2017 being organized?

Aero India, Bangalore – 14th Feb to 18th Feb’17

Venue – Air Force Station, Yelahanka

What is ADVA and Exhibition Area?

ADVA stands for “Air Display Viewing Area”. This is the section where the general public can enter on all days till 5pm except on the 14th Feb when its post 1pm. Your ticket will allow you to enter this area on any one of the days.

There is also a separate entry fee to the Exhibition Area which will be open to the general public only towards the end of the event i.e. the last day.

aero-india-2017

General Visitor Entry Guidelines (Only ADVA)

1. It is mandatory for visitors to carry original Govt. issued valid card (Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, Govt ID), photo ID, details of which are provided at the time of online registration, to the venue.
TIMINGS FOR GENERAL VISITORS :
February 14, 2017 1300 hrs to 1700 hrs
February 15, 2017 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs
February 16, 2017 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs
February 17, 2017 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs
February 18, 2017 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs
2. Entry gates will open one hour before the show timings.
3. Entry will be given against valid photo ID only.
(A) Show your Unique registration ID number
(B) Bring your ID (Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, Govt ID).
(C) Collect your entry pass.
4. All General Visitors will be required to undergo security check. Kindly co-operate.
5. The ticket will be non-transferable
6. Please carry your registration id and / or proof of online payment to facilitate issue of ticket.
7. Food items will not be allowed.
8. Following items will not be permitted: Firearms, weapons, knives (including pocket knives & multi tools), replica or toy weapons, laser pointers, packets of any kind.
9. Registration is not required for children below 5 years old.
10. The Organisers reserve the right to deny access to any individual.
11. Ticket Cost per person per day :
ADVA area only INR 600/- and US $25
12.  Please read Admission Policy
13. Ticket once sold is not refundable / non-transferable.
14. Children between 6 to 16 years old can provide the details of their school issued id card or accompanying parents id card as a proof of verification.
15. General Visitors are permitted in Air Display Viewing area on any day except 14th first half that is upto 1300 hrs. After that ticket is valid for one entry on any of the day.

To register for this – Click here

Visitors Exhibition Area Guidelines (Only Weekend)

TIMINGS FOR VISITORS :
February 17, 2017 1400 hrs to 1700 hrs
February 18, 2017 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs
2. Entry gates will open one hour before the show timings.
3. Entry will be given against valid photo ID only.
(A) Show your Unique registration ID number
(B) Bring your ID (Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, Govt ID).
(C) Collect your entry pass.
4. All Visitors will be required to undergo security check. Kindly co-operate.
5. The ticket will be non-transferable
7. Food items will not be allowed.
9. Free entry for children below 5 years.
10. The Organisers reserve the right to deny access to any individual.
11. Ticket Cost per person per day :
Visitors Exhibition Area (valid for all area excluding chalets & ADVA) – on weekend INR 1500/- and US $35
12.  Please read Admission Policy
13. Ticket once sold is not refundable / non-transferable.
14. Registration is not required for children below 5 years old.
15. Children between 6 to 16 years old can provide the details of their school issued id card or accompanying parents id card as a proof of verification.

To register for this – Click here

Terms & Conditions for the Online Payment

The following terms and conditions apply to all online payments made to Defence Exhibition Organisation (DEO) by Exhibitors, Visitors, Service Providers and other Clients All personnel/firms/organisations using the online payment facility are requested to please read them carefully before making an online payment. By using the online payments facility on this portal you accept these terms and conditions.
1. DEO is only providing a link to the Payment Gateway Service provider or the Bank which will enable users to pay online for Event related charges.
2.  Payment Gateway will accept payment in INR and USD converted to INR on prevailing exchange rate.
3.  Payment can only be made using MasterCard or Visa Card. Both Credit & Debit (user enabled) will be accepted.
4. 3% would be charged over and above the transanction amount as Convenience fee for using payment through  payee Credit / Debit Card.
5. The information and data that is provided during this online transaction will be kept confidential and only be used for the purpose of recording payments. DEO will take all precautions to ensure that the information is not used for any other purpose.
6. Your payment will take a minimum of one working day to reach the DEO account. You should take this into consider while making your payment.
7. All payments will be processed on the information that is provided online by the person making the payment. DEO will not  accept liability for any wrong information or mistake while completing a form or for any other reason outside of DEO ’s control.  An opportunity will be given to review the data entered before finally submitting it for payment processing.
8. Once the payment has been confirmed online, you will be given a reference number. Please record the reference number and quote in any queries about the payment.
9. In case required by regulatory authorities, card-holder details may be sought due to KYC norms/compliance norms of banking industry
Note : – *Payment for Passes / Badges are non refundable.

Latest updates on the events happening at Aero India 2017

To answer the questions in the comments regarding the performances and what to expect at the Aero India show this year I found a HINDU News article that captures a lot of information around the same – click here

Aero India 2017 Tickets at Cafe Coffee Day

You can collect Aero Indian 2017 Tickets at select CCDs in Bangalore. Their locations are mentioned below.

Please note – Some of these CCDs are not issuing tickets anymore like Whitefield. Please review comments to be sure.

Aero-India-CCD

Aero India 2017 Map & Parking

Refer to the below image for details on Aero India location map and parking facilities.

Aero-India-Location-Map

Aero India 2017 Map

Note – The above information is based on what I could find and learn about the show. Being a government managed program, getting information is not easy and things might not go as mentioned above. So treat this information as good guidance but be prepared for surprises. And do not end up holding it against me if things don’t go as planned! Hope this helps. 🙂

Written by Piyush Agarwal

Piyush Agarwal is a part-time freelance webdesigner who loves to play with design and the web around. You can check out his designs on Technix Designs. He is also into Theatre and Photography.

283 Responses to Aero Show 2017, Bangalore – Dates, Registration, Ticket Cost, Timing and Rules

1. Sevanth.n says:

Good

2. Surupa says:

Hi I am Surupa my 11year old son is very much interested to see specially the aero ( flying)show. On which day it is? Please let me know

3. Subhash says:

Hi Piyush,

Nothing works on your website. Please test once before you post on public domain.

Thanks,

4. Vijay says:

Hi,
    What are the time slots of actual air show? I mean when jets are going to perform in the air?
    They have mentioned that after buying ticket, we can go on any day after 14th till 18th. Do they perform everyday? If yes in what time slots?
    Thanks

• Rahul says:

Air show timings usually 10-12 and 3-5. Timings same for all days from 15-18. On 14 due to VIP visit the morning show is reserved and general public is not allowed.
      The show on all days will be the same for both time slots. People can watch both shows on any day they enter

5. Gruham says:

Did anyone know the list of aircrafts that will participate in the flying display this year?

6. Girish g says:

Hi can you let me know the timings of aero flying show(on 16th)of us flight fighters

7. Sunil Awasthi says:

Its still not clear if the tickets will be given at the Air Base itself or not?

8. Akum says:

Paid 2500Rs. For ticket, how do i get the ticket.

9. SRIDHAR says:

Hi I am from bangalore. Since 96 in am regular to the airshow. But evertime I used to get tickets from axesbank but this time it’s not mentioned so please help me where I can get. I usually go on 2 day of the show on business tickets.so please gid me.

10. Vinod Ladwa says:

Hi.. I have couple of questions:
    1) As a general public, is there any dress code?/ Is there any dress code for general public.?

2) I have already booked tickets for 2, i have kid who is 4 yrs old. can i take him too in the given days i.e 15/02/2017 to 18/02/2017. Which day would be better to watch to see the plane closely. ?

Please reply…

11. Sitanshu Sekhar Das says:

Dear Piyush, I want to see both the aero show and the exhibition. should I take both the tickets?

12. Shiv says:

Hi Piyush,

Is there any specific difference between air display viewing area(ADVA) and exhibition area except for the ticket price and timings?? Is it about access to some particular shows?

• Exhibition area does not provide access to shows. I believe they have the latest fire power on display in the exhibition area. For viewing the show, ADVA is good enough.

• Shivasharana Inginshetty says:

Thanks for the reply Piyush.

I had another query. I have registered and booked 2 tickets under a single registration ID. Will there be any problem during the collection badges/tickets. During the registration I have booked tickets for 2 persons, so I should be issues 2 tickets right?

13. Shreyas says:

can General Public buy the Business Visitor ticket?

14. S K Singh says:

What is Business Visitor Exhibition Area?

Does every has to watch the show from ADVA or are there any other special seats also

• ADVA is the common area for the general public. Not aware of any special seats.
      Business Visitor pass gives you access to all areas excluding the Chalets. I am assuming there may be some special sections dedicated for business visitors.

15. mahima singh says:

Hi,

I wanted to book business visitor tickets worth 2500/-. Can anybody help withthe benefits of this ticket. Are these premium seats. As written, only open on 18th for general public.

16. Preeti says:

I have couple of questions;
    1. On Business days general public not allowed for entry i.e. b/w 14-17 Feb?
    2. I am having son below 5 years can I carry meal/food item and water for him along with me as it is mentioned food items not allowed so how we will manage in the show from 09 to 05 PM. Will there be food & water stalls arrangement.
    3. I heard that there will be no seating arrangements and you have to watch the whole show standing at the area, is this true?

• 1. Yes allowed to the ADVA.
      2. Children below 16 years will not be permitted on business days ( 14 -17 February 2017)
      3. Not sure.

• Krishna says:

Hi Piyush
        Nowhere in the official site says childers below 16 are not permitted 14-17 Feb ?

• Pranav Desai says:

Hello
        1.General public except children below 18 years will be allowed in static display chalets using business visitors tickets And no one can see air show from chalets.
        2. Sitting arrangements are very less in Aero Show Area. So those who can’t stand for long hours need to take care.
        3. All people need to carry valid government issued photo id proofs.
        4. In business class you may get chance to see one or two latest fighter jet aircrafts. Not confirm that it will be allowed for visitors to see the cockpit too.

• Rahul says:

Plenty of food and water arrangements will be there. Show has to be watched standing. No seating arrangements

• MADHU NANJAPPA says:

Few hundered chairs are provided..but its for very early birds..you can sit on the ground and watch..

17. BHARATH DV says:

I have booked tickets and did not get the mail. I only got a message. Can you let me know the procedure to get confirmation mail?

18. Ratnakar says:

is there an acrobatic airshow in this event, if so, when and what are the timings.

19. Kavitha says:

Hi piyush …. I want to take my son to air show he is 5 yrs old… which day I can take him along wit me …

20. Airaa Khan says:

Wt is the entry fee for aero students??

21. Girish says:

Does it mean if kid is 4 year old, we cannot watch the show?

22. Mohammed Fahd says:

wanted to confirm if general tickets for ADVA has access to both static display & air show or just the airshow. I understand there is separate charge for Exhibition entry. can you please clarify this.

23. Neep says:

I have never been to any Air show and I’m quite eager to visit Aero India2017 on Feb 18.
    Can you please briefly describe the difference between ADVA and Visitor Exhibition area and which is better.

24. Monisha says:

Hi, how can i get tickets r pass

25. MADHU NANJAPPA says:

Thank you for the post..much needed information for the fans as clarification is hard to come by even from the reporters.

Please share the list of planes/participants day wise..it will of great help

26. nishanthps says:

sir i have registered and i relieved only the bar code number hove can i get bar code

27. Shashidhar says:

Hi Piyush,
    Thanks for putting up all the details so far.
    If I buy a ticket for “Visitors Exhibition Area”(1500/-), will I be able to see the air show? Or to see air show, it is must to buy ADVA ticket?
    What actually is the difference between both? I am actually interested in watching the air show as well as some exhibition of our latest aircrafts.
    Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

28. Sijo Kurien says:

Piyush, i want to take my wife and kid 2 years to the exhibition as well as the air display.
    I guess we cannot take the kid till 17th right?
    What is the cost? It is mentioned 2500 in auro india website and 1500 in you website. Could you please clairfy?

29. Raghunathan says:

Hi piyush

I can not able to book online through debit card .Do we have some other mode like net banking or manual tickets. From where I will get tickets last time I got through banks.

30. Raghu Nandhan says:

What is the exact location of the Air show? What does ADVA passes cover?

31. Rajneesh says:

In ADVA type of ticket can we take a pic beside the aircraft or we have to take VEA type of ticket.

• Darshan CY says:

Hi Rajaneesh,

U can only see the aircrafts flying….Static display is in Exhibition area only. Plz buy exhibition tickets.

32. Vinod says:

Hi, may I know if I buy exhibition ticket will be able view the air show like how people can see in ADVA. Or should i but two passes one for exhibition and one for ADVA. I am
    Confused.

• Sorry but I do not have that clarity available. Hoping someone who attended the show last year can confirm.
      I have reached out to some people available with the event for more information. Hopefully I will get a response.

33. Bindya Keswani says:

Hi my son is 3 years am I allowed to take him for the show. If yes then I need to attend it the one on 18 Feb right ??

34. Raj says:

Hi.. I’m coming to air show on Tuesday if they allowed..! and That day aircraft’s ‘ll be fly..? We could watch…

35. SUNIL B R says:

Once we get the ID where can i get the tickets?

36. AS says:

I have registered and only got a registration number .. So shall I need to collect the tickets at the airforce station?

37. VASS says:

38. VASS says:

i have booked tickets but till now i didn’t received confirmation mail. my mobile has been restored i lost registration number the message sent by the authority now how can i get the that No. Help me.

39. Ravi Javali says:

Nearby colleges are given holiday?? Because of airshow?

40. Mallikarjun Goni says:

Sir Plz help me.2year old boby alowed. and one more question we r accepting all bank card .or onley axisbank card reply me sir……

• Aravind says:

It will damage their eardrum because of flight noise….that’s why they are restricting small kids n they require foods frequently which may attract birds which is hazardous for flight

41. Sir we r accepting all bank card or onley asxisbank card .
    One more question?2year old boby allowed are not tell me sir

42. Dr, Prashanth.T says:

I am really happy that Aero-India 2017 has become fully digital. As they will have acess to complete information of vistors who are genuine. Anti-Socials & Anti-Nationals must be filtered from these International events. Also online Payment has really helped me this time as Last time I had to struggle to go & buy tickets as a doctor with out any helping hand I had hellish time on earth with hellish vehicular traffic in 2015.
    Hope this time Every thing will go very smoothly for the Air Display team first & foremost, then with the Organizers & Lastly the Visitors. I was saddened by Mishap of our Helicopter team with Women Pilots also.Wish & pray evrything goes Smoothly & to the Perfection which we have seen with Indian Airforce at Jalahalli, Bengaluru.

43. Jay says:

Sir, one doubt, what are chalets?

44. ekta sharma says:

Hi Piyush ,
    I u/std that kids are allowed on 18 feb only . My son is 7 years and he doesnt have any documents like passport, aadhar card or voter id . Obly available is school id card with photo .how should i book his tkts ? is there any physical outlets to collect tkts ( heard few coffee days are authorised )..can i book his tkts under my id card ? kindly help .

45. Thippeswamy says:

I have a child of 3 years old, can i take her and if yes, can i produce birth certificate as proof as we dont have other proof for her

46. dambigan says:

Hi, I am trying to book a ADVA ticket,
    1.On the registration form there is no date available when I can go and watch the show, it means i can do register and go whenever I am free between 14th afternoon to 18th ? or after registration they will give me the date ?

47. Santhosh says:

I love airshow

48. Zacharias says:

Hi, I just booked under General visitor. I have got a Unique registration number on my mobile after booking tickets. Is that enough to get tickets? I see somewhere a print out is necessary.?? Pl guide.

Regards

49. Chandrashekhar says:

Is it mandatory to register online to get the business visitors pass or can we get the tickets at the venue paying money at the venue just like in 2015.
    Regards
    Chandrashekhar

50. kislay says:

Question is very basic one, I have booked Exhibition ticket of 1500 Rs. Does it allow airshow viewing also or just exhibition?

51. Jagdish Kumar says:

Is it mandatory that the person who had registered can only go to the event, if the person is not coming, I can take other person.
    Should I need to carry photocopy of the registered ID to avail the tickets at the venue. And I can go to Aero show on any of the days 14-18th.

• That’s difficult to say as this is the first for online registration. Since there is an involvement of defense, they may stick to actual registerations. Best way to find will be via someone who goes over the next 2days.

52. Anirudh says:

Is there a a program schedule? I want to know on what dates and times will the air show (like of Surya Kiran) will take place. Would be glad to have those details.

53. Akash Verma says:

If I take the passes for “Exhibition only area” for 18th Feb. Can i also access ADVA area or do i have to take separate passes worth Rs.600 for accessing that area?

• Sijo says:

No need to take ADVA. Exhitbition area is much closer to the air display than ADVA. And you can see the exhinition too. ADVA is far off and it is better to stay at home.

54. Lilly says:

How much is cost for 1 person..

55. Prajwal krishna says:

Sir plz help me i just registered for 2 general visitors passes and my transaction was completed bt when the server frm axis Bank came back to aeroindia webpage the conclusion was it said transaction failed bt my bank said the transaction was successful…does it take time shud i wait or wt? I tried calling the officals bt they didn’t respond|!!!!plz let me know wt to do!!

56. Prajwal krishna says:

Sir plz help me my transaction was successful according to bank web page bt it was not successful according to aeroindia ! N i didn’t get the id number also will it come later or shud i complain about that!

57. Sriram says:

Hi,
    I see the Rs.600 ticket is for the Air Display Viewing Area, which is for viewing the aero show, the Rs.1500 ticket seems to be for the Visitors Exhibition Area. Can someone tell me, if this would include the viewing of the Aero show (ADVA), or is it just the Exhibition Center?

• As per the information available the 1500 ticket will not give access to ADVA but some folks have mentioned that you can see the aero show from the exhibition area as well.

• Sijo says:

58. Romy says:

My son is 3 years old can I get my son for the show

59. Anand says:

Hi Piyush, Or anyone who have an answer to my question,
    Would like to understand what is the difference between the Rs600 and the Rs.1500 tickets (apart from the later being on Weekend).
    2.With the Rs600 ticket, are the exhibits seen from a closest distance ?
    3.Im also taking my daughter who is 3 yrs old.Are there any arrangements for basic facilities like water,light snack etc at the venue?
    4. Considering the weekend crowd, how much time would you suggest to reach in advance at the main gate, to be in time for the show (preferably Morn as the crowd may be low)

• Darshan CY says:

Hi Anand,

600 rs Ticket is for just seeing the aircraft flying , 1500 is for viewing the exhibition area and static aircraft display.Both have different entry gates. Yes they will have stalls for food and water so do not worry about that.

• Sijo says:

No need to take ADVA. Exhitbition area is much closer to the air display than ADVA. And you can see the exhinition too. ADVA is far off and it is better to stay at home than ADVA. Go for 1500 ticket.

60. Sridhar says:

Hi, Is there any dresscode on saturday?
    Which place is suitable to watch?
    Is dress code is compulsory?

61. Abishek says:

I registered and paid, but I did not recieve the bar code by email. I recieved the sms with the unique id. I am not getting any reply from their emails when i ask for the bar code. What should I do, will they let me in with only unique id

62. Susantgeo says:

Hi….which gate to take for the visitors to the exhibition area.

63. rajeev kumar aggarwal says:

today i have booked airshow tickets and after the time of successfully payment here showed a booking reference number only that is i noted but i have not received and sms or mail regarding that. so please tell me how can i print or collect my tickets because here showing msg bring your barcode for collect the ticket but have only reg. no. and if somebody do not note that registration then how can we collect our tickets.
    please help me

64. Neenu Mathew says:

What is the ticket cost on Saturdays?

65. ashwin says:

Hi,

I booked weekday tickets by mistake. Is there any way of reversing that?

66. ashwin nair says:

Hi,

I have booked a weekday ticket by mistake instead of a weekend one 🙁 anyway of reversing the same???

Ashwin

67. pravin arora says:

I have few query on Aero India Shows 2017 ADVA…

1. Is Food available at venue for ADVA visitors, as on website it is written that food is not allowed.

2. Is parking facility is available for ADVA Visitors. If yes, what are the charges.

3. what are the show timings.

4. What time we need to report there. as show time is given 09:00 to 17:00 hrs.

Please advise.

68. Anne & Luuk says:

Dear Piyush Agarwal,

We are Anne & Luuk from the Netherlands and we want to visit the exibition as wel as the flight show on Saturday. Is it allowed for foreigners to visit Aero India or are there special restrictions? Hope to hear from you soon,

Anne & Luuk

69. Praveen says:

Hi piyush,

I have booked 2 tickets for me and my brother and got pass also with printed names..but now my brother is not well to come for the show so can it be given to some of my friends??? Plz confirm..

70. Kaveri says:

I want to buy VVIP tickets where can I buy them from and what would be the cost of it

71. pratheek says:

I hav registered online.
    Do i need to go to cafe coffee day and collect passes or collect it at the airbase itself on the show day?

72. Ajit says:

Hi Piyush,
    My daughter is 5 years old. Do I need to buy ticket for her?

Thanks

73. VIkram says:

Hi,
    I have couple of questions:
    1. DO we have seating arrangement to see air show or we need to sit on open ground for same ?
    2. Do we have food arrangement withing campus because food is not allow from outside
    3. Usually 1 half is sufficient for Air show? they usually repeat same in next half ?
    4. I am carrying bar-code with me, ticket will be issued from GATE 1 only ?
    Regards,
    Vikram

• 1. Few seats based on what someone said take a picnic blanket along.

2. Limited to chips and cold drinks. They need to avoid littering and birds.

3. Not sure what you mean. They have 3 slots every day for the show. Diff to say if 1hour is enough.

4. Yup

74. Pravin Arora says:

Hi Piyush,

I have few query on Aero India Shows 2017 ADVA…

3. what are the show timings.

4. What time we need to report there. as show time is given 09:00 to 17:00 hrs.

Please advise.

• 1. Someone confirmed just chips and cola is available. They may be restricting food to avoid litter and birds.

2. Yes. Not sure of charges.

3. I believe there are 2 – 10am and 2pm.

4. See 3

75. Chaitra says:

I have a registered through online in Aero India website and got unique Id no generted. Only Id no with original proof is enough or I have to collect tickets in some CCD and go. Please let me know.

76. Ansar K A says:

Do I need to take ticket for my 5 and half year old son?

Is parking available?

77. Bhasker Raj says:

I purchased ticket on line and received SMS with Unique Registration ID and payment made on line with debit card.
    Did not receive barcode.
    I took a print of the SMS with the Unique Registration ID.
    Was able to get the pass at the counter in Gate 1.
    However, would like to comment on the way the show is conducted.
    There is no counter to help visitors get the informatipn.
    Only the security personnels in every nook and corner.
    Found it very difficult to manage to see the show.
    The business class of people receive special attention.
    Two telephone numbers were provided for the public, tried contacting
    but no one answering the phones.
    Will be writing to Director aeroshow about these problems.
    No food available in the show. Only soft drinks and chips.

78. N Lokesh says:

Piyush, Thanks for your great work.

My son aged 3 Years, i want to know how safe it is for the Kids of that age as intensity of sound will be huge.
    Will it be worth watching Air show from out side at a safe distance

79. raj says:

I have taken 2 business visitor tickets from CCD, how that is different from Rs.600 ticket

80. Sir,i have brought 2 tickets adva access only frm a near by ccd. And wt gate shud i enter frm?wat could be the parking charges and will i get food inside?

81. Nikhil more says:

Is the parking allowed near the venue

82. Mohamed Nadeemulla says:

Hi Piyush,

I have booked ticket my money got debited from my account but due to some techniqul issue on the AERO INDIA website I did not get any code or any ticket on website what I need to do please help me.

What I need to do now how will I get the tickets and how will I be authorized to see the air show. guide me please

83. senthil says:

can we take child in the weekdays? anybody who already went please confirm?

84. Vinay says:

How far is parking area for general visitors?

85. Bala says:

I am planning to take my son who is 8 yrs tomorrow ie on the 16th for ADVA. is children below 16 yrs allowed in ADVA during weekdays ? pls confirm.

86. Puttegowda says:

Sir I’m requesting you please tell me where the pass are available.im registered for the show I’m not get any pass for the show.pass are available in the airshow premises? Please tell me sir

87. Arun says:

Are Cameras / laptop bags allowed to be taken into the aero show and exhibition areas…..
    please let me know ASAP.
    thanks in advance

88. Sitanshu Sekhar Das says:

Are cameras allowed to aeroindia?

89. Savitha says:

Hello am planning on Saturday with kids, I have some clarifications

1. Is there a batches for show btween 10 to 5
    2. Can I enter after 2 pm or do we have to stay for morning to evening, I have a school till 1 pm, can I enter after that

90. praveena says:

Hi Piyush,

added a child whoz less than 5 yr old in the ticket .How to get refund?
    or Can i bring one adult to compensate that ticket cost?

91. Mehul says:

Hello, they cancelled the show on Feb 14. I could not use tickets and I can not go any other day. Have they created a process to ask for refund, as they have cancelled the show on Feb 14. I saw atleast 200 people asking for refund on venue on that day. Pathetic management.

92. Neep says:

The payment gateway isn’t working today.
    Not able to get the tickets.
    Anyone else also facing this problem ?

93. Mohunn says:

Today at Whitefield CCD… no ticket issuer is available. Why? What is the alternative now? Which other location should we run to?

94. Mohunn says:

We are 4 members. Suppose I just pay for the entry tickets online, and take the printouts. Will they be considered VALID with ID proof ? Will we be allowed through the entry gate?

95. Hanumantha Rao says:

Can any one share experience using their exhibition entrance ticket .. will we be allowed to see the airbirds close? to see the airshow, should we go to ADVA only? if so, are we allowed?

96. Biswajit says:

If I register online and pay, Do I still need to go to CCD to collect the ticket or its enough to go the aero show directly with the Unique ID?

97. Nanjappa says:

Piyush Job JOb , Nice info. Hope you are settled so soon in life,so social service so soon.

98. Rukhsana says:

Hi piyush
    My daughter is 5 yrs 6months.is she eligible for free entry????

99. Srihari says:

Hi

I’ve booked 3 tickets online as General Visitor for ADVA (3 x Rs.600)

Aero India website says, we can visit any one day and we can collect the pass at the venue itself by producing Reg. ID and Photo Identity Proof

But its sad that NOWHERE in the entire website it gives the timings of actual aerobatics air show by planes & helicopters ( I mean, start time and duration of air shows where planes will make actual flying and acrobatics)

Iam planning to visit Aero India on Saturday, 18th Feb. Could you please help by sharing the actual start time and approx. duration of air show

Thanks
    Srihari

100. Newton raj says:

HI Piyush,

I have booked for Visitors Exhibition Area ticket. Should i need to book seperate ticket for ADVA also.. Or can i use exhibition ticket to see the Airshow. Please help

101. Ravi Singhal says:

Can you please help me out with these two questions:

1) Can one buy the tickets at the venue? and if yes which gate number one should go?
    2) Are there different tickets for foreigners?

102. Azad Khan says:

HiPiyush, just wanted to check if cameras are allowed?? Any idea?

103. Azad Khan says:

Can we reach there by car? How are the parking arrangements?

104. R says:

Ok. I’ve been going to the airshow for 10 years now. It is jaw-dropping amazing. Don’t miss it.

Some pointers:

1) Which ticket to take? There are two areas.

a)) Exhibition area. Here you can see the airshow AND also the exhibition. The exhibition when I used to go was not worth it and only of interest if you’re interested in military components. One or two aircrafts parked and cordoned off (like in cubbon park) and mostly industrial aircraft components etc displayed – the audience is business/military buyers not general public. This area is extremely crowded and I remember no place to even stand while watching the air show.

b) ADVA is the area from where we can see just the airshow. It is adjacent to exhibition and separated by a fence. I prefer this area because it has wide open space and less crowd. Very relaxed. The runway is equally close so the airshow will be the same. (though from exhibition area the aircrafts will be PARKED closer if it matters to you)

2) Show times:

There is a morning show. 9 to 12 or something like that. And a repeat of the exact show in the afternoon

3) When to go:

Target to be there by 7:30am if you don’t want to risk missing a minute. Expect heavy traffic so keep an hour buffer. When you reach, there could be long lines to exchange your printout for a pass (need original ID they say). If you arrive early no problem..you can stroll around.

4) What to bring

– Expect heat: Make sure you bring hats, broad-brims being better. Get sunglasses if you’re averse to glare. Get large umbrellas if you can. Water you can buy…i’m not sure if allowed in.
    – Expect dust: Imagine some 3 lakh people walking on dirt grounds. There is dust in the air.
    – Expect no chairs: Get something to spread on the ground and sit. We take camp chairs and large umbrellas and a sleeping bag to spread on the ground. It becomes a nice picnic area. If nothing take something to spread on the ground. You don’t want to be standing all day craning your necks. The ground is all dust though you may not have a choice if you don’t bring anything.
    – Expect places to buy food: There were a lot of stalls – from pizzas to snacks to proper indian fare. A little set back from the viewing area. No place to sit and eat. Buy and eat there standing or walk out back to see the show.
    – Expect some form of restrooms. Don’t expect toilet tissues. Bring them.
    – Binoculars are useful. So are SLR cameras. Phones are fine otherwise. Bring a powerbank if you want.

4) What to expect in the show
    – Fighter jets: Gripen, Sukhoi, F-16, Rafale, Tejas. Maybe more. They are just STUNNING! The speeds. The roars. The power. The maneuvers and barrel rolls and dives and strikes are indescribable. This is of the see-it-to-believe-it variety.

– Aerobatic teams: (a) Suryakiran team from IAF, this time in a 6-aircraft formation. They are usually crowd favorites (b) A Brit team in 4 russian aircrafts. New this year. I saw them practicing – slightly unusual looking planes (c) A scandinavian team. They are really cool with wingwalkers! – girls coming out of the aircraft and standing outside as the aircrafts flyby. (d) Sarang – an IAF helicopter formation team with 4-copters. They do a lot of tricky things for helicopters…but well helicopters are not so nimble as the planes….and sometimes it reminds me of watching a group of hippos trying to dance just after you’ve watched nimble sealions and dolphins dazzle. 🙂

– A few other aircrafts. Particularly cool is the American Hercules cargo plane. It is a massive giant…looks lumbering and clumsy…till you watch it take off!!! It takes off in what looks like within 20 feet. Will leave you surprised how on earth it left the ground.

Enjoy!

105. Harish says:

Hi Mr. Piyush, I have a Business Invite. can you please tell the difference between a business visitor and business invitee I don’t know where all its used to get access . can you please brief me as i’m going to visit on 18th Feburary. Thank you

106. Gurumurthy says:

Hi Piyush

have booked tickets for exhibibition area on saturday (18.02.17) and have taken bar code print out.

1).What is the ‘GATE NO.’ to collect badges/entry passes.

2).Gate no. to ‘ENTER’

107. srinath says:

PAN card accepted as ID prof

108. Gaurav Kumar says:

Hi Piyush

Just small Info i need

For weekend We have to buy only Exhibition area.

ADVA area only valid for till friday.

Or we can buy ADVA area for satarday 18th.

Please confirm ASAP I have to book ticket for tomorrow.

DSLR or mobile camera are allowed ?

• You can buy ADVA for weekend as well. Exhibition area ticket will give you access to the exhibition which is open only on the weekend for general public. You can watch the airshow from this area. Both cameras are allowed

109. Dines says:

Hi, I have booked the rs 600 ADVA Tickets for 2

1. What extra things I get if I would have got that exhibition ticket?
    2. What is the cost of the exhibition cum Aeroshow ticket?
    3. Where can I buy the above online?
    4. Can I upgrade my ADVA tickets to the exhibition cum aeroshow tickets?

110. PANKAJ KUMAR says:

Can I buy tickets today (17 feb) for the show tomorrow (18 Feb)?

111. Soniya Devasia says:

Hi,

Is it compulsory that we should be there at 8am? R is it like we can be there just to see the evening show?

112. NITIN says:

Which gate for ADVA for gen public entry for Aero India 2017

113. Haridas says:

I have tickets for both the sections ADVA & the exhibition area. Can I go to the ADVA section on the 17th & the exhibition area on the 18th?

114. GEORGE says:

I’m having business visitor passes, can anyone please say me the benefits of that.

115. shrini says:

Hi Friends,

Is it mandatory collect the tickets or print out of barcode will do to enter ADVA area.

Regards,

Shrini

116. Zulfi says:

To wer the tickets are available

117. Hemal says:

Just now booked the ticket online, it gave unique id on page and as sms also, now tomorrow i can show this and collect the ticket at the venue also, or i have to goto some CCD listed here?

118. Ansar K A says:

Just visited Aeroshow on thursday.
    No much traffic. If you are going by car, we will be entering the airbase from backside and Bangalore traffic police are thr all the way to help.
    Parking is inside airbase, so you can walk to venu within in 5 mnts.
    In ticket counter they are asking for mobile message, printouts are not accepted. Lot of volunteers in ticket counter and it wont take much time to get your tickets.

Foods are not allowed inside, they will empty all foods before entering the venue. But there is a Big Food court inside the air base and you will get all type of food thr(from veg to non-veg to fast food) lot of juice and tender coconut counters are also thr. Food court is so huge that even if entire crowd comes to the place at once it can accommodate all of them. So no need to carry foods to the venue. they accept both cards and cash in almost all counters.

Its well organized in all aspects

119. Bhavagna Reddy says:

Hi,
    I want to book tkts for tomorrow air show… so I need 6tkst…. can I book all 6tkts on single ID… like keeping one aadhar card no. For all tickets???? Plz clear my doubt

120. Bhavagna Reddy says:

And one more question…. if not possible online…. so we can directly buy tkts tomorrow on the spot…. is tkts available for tomorrow????

121. Karthi says:

Anyidea about two wheeler parking availability and its charges?

122. Kunal says:

Hi Piyush,
    I am here in Bangalore for a vacation. Can I go if I have a PAN card since I forgot all my other Ids at home.

123. Madhusudan says:

i have not received the SMS,nor mail to my mail Id,But registered for ADVA,
    amount is paid and successful,

How to find out my registered Id,

124. Madhusudan says:

i have not received the SMS,nor mail to my mail Id,But registered for ADVA,
    amount is paid and successful,

How to find out my registered Id

125. Manish Hasija says:

Do we need to buy the tickets for 8 year old?

126. Madhusudan says:

Have booked the ticket on-line but did not get any SMS or mail to my mail id

I have made a note if my registered id

What to do now ?

Madhusudan,
    9731983473

127. prashanth says:

Hi piyush
    Is it mandatory to show the mobile message of the registration confirmation at the gate or is it enough to carry the printout of the confirmation page

128. Swathi Reddy S R says:

can v go buy tickets on 18th itself?? ll it be available??

129. Sanjay says:

Is there any way where we can stay at some distance from airforce station and see the airshow from out side

130. Nema says:

Money debited from my account,but registration id not received.What to do?

131. Vinay says:

Many thanks Piyush & all others for sharing the useful posts of 2015 & the current on-going 2017.
    My experience with the 1500/- TICKET
    GateNo.1 –you can get the entry if you have already(From CCD)taken your ACTUAL ENTRY CARD(which is a plastic card like our Debit/Credit Card)–this you can also get from Gate 5.(which is about 2km walk from the Gate No.1–you have to cross the other side of the highway),stand in a long Q (if planned better–one can park their car there and then stand in the Q),this Q is where they verify your ID Card(please ensure you carry it–they are very strict about it) & check you BARCODE print out or the SMS with the number before issuing you the ENTRY CARD.
    Also, i saw many BUYING the ticket LIVE there too(they have the card machine) by showing their ID proof.
    I saw FOREIGNERS too showing their passport & buying the ENTRY CARD.So it not ONLY WEBSITE bookings,but LIVE also possible.
    They arrange a small shuttle bus (they again match your ID card & ENTRY CARD before u board the bus)which drops you to a point from where you need to walk (about 1km)–the bus cuts through the Airforce people Quarters/Residential area & then you walk through a tunnel too (basically it just goes below the highway).
    Once you enter you have a one more check point (separate for ladies & gents),finally you arrive at the HUGE halls which is the EXHIBITION area.
    Beyond that is the ABSOLUTE pleasure to watch the AEROSHOW (10am & 2pm shows),thousands just stand(and sit on the floors/road) open to the sky/sun & watch the show (please don’t worry about ADVA 600/- vs EXHIBTION 1500/-)….Just buy the 1500/- it serves the purpose.
    Plenty of food & drinks counter.
    The MOVENPICK & JW MARRIOT Buffet(only,no AlaCarte) is 1350 per head.Please note–A2B(South Indian food-Thali),Burger Big,CCD,CocaCola are the other cheaper/reasonable options.
    Cleanly managed washrooms too.
    Good AERO centric merchandise & gifts one can buy.
    don’t bother about the dress code–T SHIRT/SHORTS/JEANS–all possible clothes allowed for today for sure.
    This might help for 2019(unless they change some process again !)–as by now its over for this year 🙂

132. Nagesh says:

On 18 th February 2017, we had been to Aero Show at ADVA.
    There was no seperate Q for Senior citizens to buy entry ticket.
    Entry ticket cost was Rs.600/- per head.No concession to Senior Citizens.
    No sitting arrangement.We saw some spectators have brought carpet, mat with them to sit on ground and view the show.

The Aero Show authorities were not concerned about general Senior Citizens. Sitting arrangements were available to dignitaries.