Going to the Chicago Auto Show 2017? If yes, great decision! If not then change your mind because you do not want to miss North America’s Largest and Oldest Auto Show! Happening at the McCormick Place with over 1million square feet of exhibit area, you will get to witness the best of automobiles on display from around the world. Read on to find more.
Staged for the first time in 1901, the annual auto show has come a long way to become the largest and most anticipated show of the year for most auto enthusiasts. This year marks the 109th year for the Chicago Auto Show.
This year Chicago Auto Show is going to be particularly exciting because of the growing trend and interest of driverless cars and advent of electric vehicles. Tesla has suddenly made both these areas which seemed Sci-fi to become real and within your reach.
This page aims at arming you with all the information required for you to attend the event and have a great time.
Where is the Chicago Auto Show?
It’s happening in Chicago, obviously. Head to – McCormick Place, 2300 S. King Drive.
What are the dates and timing of Chicago Auto Show?
The dates of the show are –
- Feb. 11 – 19 (10 a.m. – 10 p.m.)
- Feb. 20 (10 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
How to reach McCormick Place?
There are multiple ways you can reach McCormik Place for the show.
If you are driving down, use Google maps or the official Auto Show App for directions. The Apple maps app is recommended to be avoided. Extensive shuttle bus service from all area parking lots to and from McCormick Place.
If you are planning to opt for the CTA, here are the route instructions:
- Off the Red and Orange lines, transfer at Roosevelt and connect with a 63rd St.-bound Green line to Cermak-McCormick Place.
- On the Blue line, transfer at Clark/Lake and get on a Green line south from the Loop L platform.
- On the Brown and Pink lines, transfer to the Green line at Clark/Lake, State/Lake and Adams/Wabash.
You can also use Metra – Shuttles operate from Ogilvie and Union Stations from 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Weekend-only shuttle service from the Millennium Park and East Monroe underground garages. Shuttles stop in 10-15 minute intervals near Columbus/Upper and Lower Randolph and at Gate 3 at McCormick Place.
Scooter and Wheelchair rentals are available by contacting Scootaround toll-free at (773) 439-9940.
Scooter rentals are $50.00 a day and wheelchair rentals are $20.00 a day. Scootaround accepts all major credit cards. Scootaround is located at Gate 4 of McCormick Place (west end of the Grand Concourse). While Scootaround will make every effort to accommodate all needs, you are encouraged to reserve in advance.
How to buy Tickets for Chicago Auto Show?
Tickets are available at our McCormick Place ticket booths on public show days or online at ChicagoAutoShow.com and https://tickets.drivechicago.com. (Show box office closes one hour before the show closes.)
- $13 for adults
- $7 for seniors aged 62 and older
- $7 for children 7-12
Free Admission for children 6 and younger when accompanied by a paying adult. Family members only.
There is no surcharge for online ticket purchases, prices are the same as at the show box office at McCormick Place. Online ticket sales will conclude at 6:00 PM, Feb. 20, 2017. Do keep in mind the following regarding tickets:
- Ticket purchases are not refundable.
- You can print tickets at home or show your tickets on your phone at the show entrance.
- Under 7 child tickets must be ordered with an accompanying adult or senior ticket.
Any Special Days at the Event?
While there are a lot of appearances happening at various booths across all days at the event, there are a few special days that are mentioned below. If you would like the full schedule, please click here.
- Media Preview – Thursday & Friday, Feb. 9 – 10
- First Look For Charity -Friday, Feb. 10 (7 p.m – 11 p.m. black tie)
- Family Day -Monday, Feb. 20.
- Women’s Day – Wednesday, Feb. 15. Women admitted for $7. Manufacturers present special women-oriented programs on the purchase and lease of cars and maintenance.
- Chicago Auto Show Food Drive – Wednesday through Friday, Feb. 15-17. Show patrons who bring three cans of food will receive a coupon for a $7 adult admission. All food will be donated to A Safe Haven Foundation. more info
- Telemundo Hispanic Heritage Day – Friday, Feb, 17.
Check out the preview video below for a quick glimpse of the event.