When it comes to aadhaar card, the number is more valuable than the actual physical card just like how Social Security number works in the United States. So it is not really important for you to carry the Aadhaar card received from UIDAI. You can simply generate a duplicate one as needed online within minutes. This is helpful when you do not have your card handy or worse let’s say you have lost or misplaced your aadhaar card! The steps below will help you generate a duplicate aadhaar card using e-Aadhaar service.
Please note that in order to follow these steps, you need to have your Aadhaar card number or Aadhaar card enrollment number. Incase, you do not have that – check this link to find out your aadhaar number.
Now that you have your aadhaar card number, you can generate a duplicate card using the steps below:
- Go to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Select appropriate option, “Enrollment Id” OR “Aadhaar”, under “I have:”
- Enter your AADHAR card number or Enrollment Id, full name, Pin Code, security text and mobile number
- Click on “Get OTP”
- One Time Password (OTP) will be delivered to your mobile and/or email address
- Enter the OTP you just received on your mobile in the “Enter OTP” box and click on “Validate and Download”
- Now you have downloaded your e-Aadhar card. Enter your Pin Code as the password when you open the PDF document
- You now have your e-AADHAR card, which you can print and use as required.
I hope these steps were easy to follow and you could generate your duplicate card. Please note that the OTP will be sent to the registered phone number – so in case that has changed you will have to reach out to the UIDAI customer care. The Toll free number along with other contact details are mentioned below.
If you are yet to register for Aadhaar card – click here to find the closest center.
Government of India (GoI),
3rd Floor, Tower II, Jeevan Bharati Building,
New Delhi – 110001.
- Voice – 1800-300-1947
- Fax – 080-2353 1947
- Letters – PO Box 1947, GPO Bangalore – 560001
- Email – [email protected]