Another September comes and brings along another Apple iPhone Keynote. India gets in line with the rest of the world to welcome iPhone 7! Like every year, no one is surprised to find out that 2016 brings the “Best iPhone Apple has Ever made!”. Quite ironic that we make fun of this statement and yet wait all hooked to hear them year after year. Today saw the iPhone 7 being unrelieved in Bill Graham Civic Auditorium by Tim Cook and gang. In this post we round up on what iPhone 7 really offers along with its India launch price and date.
So without wasting any further time, lets start digging directly into the details of what iPhone 7 offers.
iPhone 7 Features
Apple iPhone 7 launch saw some interesting update to the product. Here is a summary of what’s coming:
- Black is in! Launched 2 new colors – Jet Black and Black
- The design is lot more seamless with the antenna lines being moved to the upper sections and smoother, obstruction free finish
- Headphone jack is so yesterday! Yup, the 3.5mm jack is now a thing of history for iPhones atleast. The jack has been removed to make space for stereo speakers and taptic engine for the home button. You do get a lightening to 3.5mm jack converter packed along to keep folks quiet.
- Camera gets way better with image stabilization, better dual-color flash, flicker detection, improved low-light photography and more. iPhone 7 Plus take camera a notch higher with dual cameras making it possible to get 2x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom.
- Home button is all new being touch sensitive and taptic engine enabled. Engineered to do more without moving parts.
- Dust & Water resistant. Something Samsung and Sony have been selling on for a while now.
- The brightest and most colorful display on a phone.
- Faster and more powerful A10 Fusion chip. Also has better graphics and longer battery life.
- Stereo Sound along with launch of a new product – wireless headphones called “Airpods”
- iOS 10 is being launch along with a lot of cool features
- Faster LTE and Wireless capabilities
- More memory – starts with 32gb followed by 128gb and 256gb.
Here is a quick comparison between iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
|Feature||iPhone 7||iPhone 7 Plus|
|Resolution||1334 x 750||1920 x 1080|
|Camera||12MP camera||12MP wide-angle and telephoto cameras|
|Processor||A10 64 bit||A10 64 bit|
|Battery Life||2 hours longer battery life than iPhone 6s||1 hour longer battery life than iPhone 6s Plus|
|Storage||32GB, 128GB or 256GB||32GB, 128GB or 256GB|
What about iPhone 6s and 6s Plus?
Well, with the launch of these new phones there is good news if you are happy with what iPhone 6s offers. Those phones stay and will be available on sale. Obviously with this launch they will now be cheaper. But more importantly, these versions will see an upgrade on the memory front and will sport 32gb and 128gb as well. So, yay for cheaper with a memory upgrade!
India Launch Date and Price
For all waiting for the phone, pre-orders start on 9th September and delivery starts on 16th September. However, unlike what more sites claim, it may take a while until the phone is available is India. I am setting a realistic expectation of October for the phones to launch in India. India was not in the list of initial countries they are rolling out the phones to and the lack of Apple store could be at blame for this.
The US Price for iPhone 7 has been kept the same as earlier i.e. $649 and iphone 7Plus as $749. So this means the price in India will also mirror that of iPhone 6s before the launch. Recently, the price of these models had dropped but if we go by the original pricing, iPhone 7 will start at around Rs. 60,000.
So if you have friends in US, now would be a good time to get in touch with them.